Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement “World Class Care, every patient, every time” helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Medical Assistant or LPN to join our team!
What You’ll Do
The Medcial Assistant/LPN under the supervision and general direction of the providers utilizes the knowledge basis of nursing education and experience to provide direct patient care and assist providers in the delivery of world-class medical care. Nursing practice must be within current center standards, procedures and in accordance with outside regulatory agencies. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Ensures that patient charts are prepared properly before patient visits. Effectively rooms patients and collects all relevant and necessary information for providers to make informed decisions.
- Contributes to the assessment of patient’s health status by collecting, recording, and reporting objective and subjective data. Timely, consistently, and accurately documents patient care.
- Works effectively with providers and patients to schedule surgeries, imaging, lab, etc. Completes pre-authorization for all procedures or testing to ensure effective reimbursement.
- Answers phones and responds to messages in a timely manner. Communicates and interacts with all customers
(patients, visitors, co-workers, administrative staff, and physicians) in a positive and supportive manner. Maintains a safe, clean, and stocked patient care and work area.
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off, holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long term disability.
Portneuf Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What You'll Bring
- Graduated from an accrediated Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse Program
- LPN licensure requried or Prefer Certified Medical Assistant with AAMA or ARMA.
- BLS certification required
- Commitment to the team problem solving approach using a patient-focused model