Halcyon at Colorado VNA is a 4 star CMS rated not for profit. We proudly serve the Denver Metro and Northern Colorado.
Halcyon Hospice has an immediate opening for a Clinical Manager.
Location: 6750 W 52nd Ave Arvada, CO 80002
Status: Full time
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8-5. On call required, rotating weekends and holidays.
Hourly Pay Range: $36.60-$49.40
New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: FTBE - Regular Full Time benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled 30 hours or more.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Vacation Pay and Sick Leave - Accrued
- Holiday Pay with an additional Floating Holiday
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Responsible for all aspects of the overall management, supervision and coordination of services provided in outpatient and/or inpatient facility areas. The Clinical Manager is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group IDT/IDG).
- Oversees all direct and indirect patient and family services provided by staff on the interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Provides management and supervision of the team including recruitment, orientation, training, performance/productivity management, motivation and maintaining records.
- Oversees and monitors their teams’ EMR documentation to ensure timeliness and accuracy, reflecting the appropriate quality, continuity and level of care for patient and family needs.
- Provides supervision, training and support to all direct reports on a regular basis, ensuring best practices are being met to enhance patient and family satisfaction. Emphasizes the importance of quality measures, such as CAHPS, HIS and other industry standards.
- Manages staff workload according to referrals, census and acuity to maximize productivity, efficiency of agency resources and appropriate stewardship. Responsible for ensuring appropriate team/patient staffing ratios are maintained.
- Coordinates and attends meetings, to include IDT/IDG, team discipline, patient conferences and other meetings as needed to ensure coordination of services in all care settings.
- Addresses customer complaints through evaluation and follow-up, taking corrective action if warranted.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with all regulatory agencies governing patient care.
- Actively participates in regulatory surveys and serves as a liaison between the team members and surveyors.
- Participates in operational budget planning and implementation by managing the proper utilization of durable medical equipment (DME), medical supplies, drugs and appropriate patient care staffing levels.
- Partners with the Finance Department to ensure the billing process is accurate and timely
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Essential Duty-Actively participates in census growth and strategic team planning and outcomes.
- Hospice Clinical Manager oversees volunteer program for Hospice, as well as the CAPABLE program
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in health care, business or related field. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, relevant experience may be considered.
Minimum Experience: Three (3) years of responsible supervisor experience in healthcare (hospice experience preferred).
Required License: Current Colorado RN license required. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and automobile insurance. CPR certification (Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates)
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 30 lbs.
- Lifts/positions/ and/or transfers patients (only if an RN)
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Considerable reaching/stooping/bending/kneeling/crouching
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.