- Responsible for managing the clinical aspects of a complex ambulatory care environment.
- Accountable for operational activities related to enhancing office efficiencies, patient satisfaction, and cost effective outcomes for clinical services.
- Supervises departmental clinical staff and other office staff, and handles human resources related issues.
- Establishes, administers and monitors departmental quality standards, and regulatory compliance.
- Facilitates communication services between external clients and hospital departments.
- Implements, monitors, and evaluates a standard TEC clinical support work process system that promotes collaborative clinical practice and ensures professional standards of nursing practice.
- All duties and patient interaction performed in accordance with Emory Healthcare patient and family centered care standards.
- Plans, administers and monitors the operations and personnel budgets
- regularly reviews year to date expenditures
- implements corrective action as necessary.
- Collaborates with Finance to incorporate financial management responsibilities into the roles of the clinic operations staff including budgeting, inventory monitoring and control, and purchasing.
- Works with Patient Financial Serces to manage operations related to billing, reimbursement opportunities, revenue cycle management, payment variances, etc.
- Responsible for profitability and managing within the budget established.
- Assures accuracy of payroll records.
- Manages staff and employee performance.
- Determines staffing needs using established TEC staffing templates, interviews and hires staff, resolves human resource-related issues, provides coaching and conducts disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Orients and trains employees, provides on-going performance feedback, identifies and addresses problems, verifies competency, and conducts performance reviews.
- Participates in developing short and long term goals and objectives consistent with EHC.
- Facilitates communication between staff, administration, and The Emory Clinic infrastructure to ensure flow of accurate timely information and decisions.
- Communicates and maintains regulatory changes with HIPPA, TJC, Infection Control, Patient Safety, Employee Health and departmental quality standards.
- Assists in administering departmental policies and procedures in collaboration with ancillary departments and in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines
- reviews, revises, and communicates them to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for seeing standard operating process and procedures are followed.
- Perform periodic audits, surveys, and organizational assessments.
- Oversight of operating efficiency, workflow, and patient flow. Assure appropriate patient education materials are available for patient instruction and teaching.
- Collaborate with physician leadership to implement and maintain a standardized telephone triage system to ensure appropriate patient contact, treatment, and consistency of practice.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educations in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Accountable for collecting, organizing and analyzing data in addition to generating and providing accurate and complete reports for management and/or regulatory agencies.
- Interprets applicable regulations and establishes monitoring and auditing procedures to ensure records and files are accurate and in compliance with regulations.
- Tracks operational metrics to support fact-based decision making.
- Conducts data tracking and/or analyses to support Process Improvement activities.
- Coordinates, participates and assists with in-service education in section.
- Institutes staff training and education programs to promote professional development, ensure consistency in nursing practice, and compliance with JCAHO, safety, and infection control policies.
- Serves on and participates in relevant clinic-wide standing and special project committees.
- Collaborates with other clinical departments to improve clinical operations and communications within The Emory Clinic.
- Schedules and attend meetings as needed.
- May assist in establishing and implementing policies or programs resulting from committee recommendations.
- Assesses training needs, prepares materials, shares knowledge and expertise and provides formal and informal education and counseling to clinical staff on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or certification as a physicians assistant required.
- Master's degree in nursing, business administration, health care administration or related field preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of healthcare experience required, preferably in the ambulatory setting.
- Minimum requirement of 2 years supervisory/manager experience, preferably in the ambulatory setting.
- Must have a valid, active unencumbered Nursing license or temporary permit approved by the Georgia Licensing Board.
- American Nurses Association Certification in Ambulatory Care Nursing preferred.
- BLS required.
- ACLS may be required in designated departments.
1-10 lbs 0-33% of the work day (occasionally), negligible 34-66% of the workday (frequently), negligible 67-100% of the workday (constantly). Lifting 10 lbs max, carrying of small articles such as dockets, ledgers, files, small tools, occasional standing & walking, frequent sitting, close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure, Bio-hazardous waste. chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors, communicable diseases, electrical shock, floor surfaces, hot/cold temperatures, indoor/outdoor conditions, latex, lighting patient care/handling injuries, radiation, shift work, travel may be required, use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.