The Denver Hospice is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to assist with patients at our Inpatient Care Center on an as needed basis.
Location: 8299 E. Lowry Blvd., Denver, CO 80230
Hourly Pay Range: $37.00 - $42.51
New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: PRN - Part time employees, who work as requested, not regularly scheduled
- Sick Leave - Accrued
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral Bonus
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Provides patient care using nursing skills and processes in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The RN is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
- Provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patients (neonates to geriatrics) as determined by the Plan of Care (POC). Uses education, mentoring, guidance and interventions to achieve goals of care.
- Collaborates across disciplines to coordinate patient care; participates in the POC in IDT/IDG meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating with attending provider for medications and supplies.
- Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding hospice philosophy and palliative treatments or home health, if applicable.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks per agency policy.
- Participates in related services, such as community education, team training, staff/board committees and orientation of employees.
- Understands the acute care needs of patients admitted to the Inpatient/Critical Care Units.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and admissions processes for newly admitted patients.
- Manages customer service needs that are unique to a care unit.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of experience in hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- CPR certification
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
- Lifts/positions/ and/or transfers patients
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Considerable reaching/stooping/bending/kneeling/crouching
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.