Pikes Peak Hospice and Palliative Care is looking for an experienced Social Worker to assist our direct patient care team on a per diam basis.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
HOURLY PAY RANGE: $ 23.83 - $32.17
New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
PRN - Part time employees, who work as requested, not regularly scheduled
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Sick Leave - Accrued
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Small Loan Program
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Provides clinical psychosocial support to patient and family/caregiver in accordance with patient preferences, goals, and needs. The position works collaboratively with the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG) as well as with facilities and agencies in the community.
- Completes initial and on-going psychosocial and bereavement assessment of patient and family/caregiver to include the patient’s history, ethnic background, cultural and religious beliefs and the implications for the Plan of Care (POC).
- Establishes goals based on assessment and mutual agreement with patient and family/caregiver. Serves as an additional primary contact for IDG/IDT collaboration and advocate for patient/family and other providers.
- Identifies potential bereavement resources for patient and family/caregivers to assist in coping with loss, aging and death.
- Assesses and assists patients with advanced directives and care planning.
- Evaluates patient/family psychosocial needs and individual/family counseling as part of the Plan of Care (POC). Delivers appropriate referrals to community resources such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing and/or education.
- Communicates risk indicators to bereavement services as appropriate. Assists RN Case Manager with development of a comprehensive transfer and/or discharge plan in collaboration with patient, family, staff and referral agencies.
- Utilizes knowledge of disease processes; skilled in assessing impact on patient and family dynamics and psychosocial wellbeing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Minimum Experience: One (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Required License: Current Colorado Social Worker license (LSW or LCSW) preferred. MSW must be willing to work towards licensure. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 30 lbs.
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.