Under general supervision, the RN demonstrates and utilizes knowledge and skills to provide direct age-specific and culturally appropriate patient care through the use of the nursing process based on knowledge of principles of growth and development, serves as a clinical resource, participates in patient and staff education, demonstrates leadership, and serves as a preceptor. Employees are encouraged to support Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s involvement in the community we serve.
A PRN Tier 1 Nurse will work on an as-needed basis.
4 Heart is a 32-bed cardiac stepdown unit for patients with chest pain and congestive heart failure, and those who need surgery for heart, vascular and thoracic conditions. This unit also sees open-heart patients post-op. Typical nurse to patient ratio is 1:3, or 1:4, with a free charge available on all shifts. This is a great unit for anyone who enjoys learning a lot within a broad patient base and working in a teamwork focused environment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Baccalaureate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required to work PRN
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina or Compact State
- BLS Required
- ACLS and PALS/NRP as determined by Unit patient demographics
Core Job Responsibilities
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Educates peers with a minimum of one in-service per year
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient’s progress or any change in the patient’s condition
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments