Providence is calling a Nurse Clinician ( Home and Ambulatory Infusion , Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Integrate the PSJH mission, corevalues (Integrity, Compassion, Justice, Excellence, and Dignity), Vision and Promise into daily interactions and care activities.
- Support and contribute to a positive work environment that encourages growth, team collaboration and caregiver retention.
- Provide in-home infusion and ambulatory infusion coordination, education, administration, monitoring and support to help patients reach therapy goals.
- Providence dignified and compassionate infusion-related care for patients of all ages.
- Demonstrate clinical quality and safety, operational excellence, and financial stewardship for home and ambulatory infusion nursing services.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.Such people may include but are not limited to:all facility/agency caregivers, physicians, community service groups, state agencies, patients/clients and their family members, visitors, outside vendors, contracted staff and Providence St. Joseph Health caregivers. Practice at the top of your license while providing the highest quality clinical services and best practices.
- Complete timely, accurate, and thorough clinical documentation from patient assessment while adhering to federal, state, and Joint Commission compliance regulations and requirements _._
- Contribute and collaborate within a multi-professional team of nurses, dietitians, and pharmacy professionals.
- Practice in accordance with Providence St. Joseph Health and Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services’ philosophy, integrity and code of conduct.
- Participate in the development of an efficient and cost-effective nursing department by:
- Exercise principles of effective time management when scheduling patients
- Monitor for effective utilization and management of patient supplies and medications
- Practice nursing by following Providence Infusion’s policies and procedures and the Washington State Nurse Practice Act
- Attend nursing department meetings and in-services
- Complete annual nursing competencies
- Admit and educate patients/caregivers in all infusion therapies
- Inform patients/caregivers of all aspects of infusion therapy and reviewing all admission paperwork
- Insure that all reimbursement forms and consents are completed and submitted at admission
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs
- Report all care provided in patient’s electronic record
- Maintain and update the patient’s medication profile
- Evaluate and document patient/caregiver response to interventions, revising care plan as needed
- Complete recertification paperwork in a timely manner
- Communicate with all disciplines involved with patient’s infusion therapy following each shift worked. The report is clear, concise, and contains all pertinent information
- Keep Nurse Scheduler informed on a daily basis of changes in scheduled visits or availability
- Participate in on-call coverage; including after-hours triage, holiday, and weekends
- Report to work and visits as scheduled and on time
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing License
- Current Washington State Driver's license and automobile
- Current CPR certification
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- 1 year of experience in acute care nursing
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Home health or home infusion experience
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Spokane, Washington is blessed to provide home and ambulatory infusion services to pediatric and adult patients in Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Oregon. Patient quality/safety, satisfaction, and positive clinical outcomes are top priorities. Our services include infusion therapy and enteral/parenteral services to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Infusion Suites (AIS), disease management, specialized infusion services, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and dietitian consulting and support. Spokane, WA is in the heart of the Inland Northwest, offering four seasons that include winter snow, cool springs, warm summers and mild fall temperatures. Outdoor recreational are numerous and include fishing, hiking, biking, camping, skiing, hunting, golfing, and boating. Spokane is located about 25 miles from Idaho and is within a few hour drive of Seattle, Portland, Missoula, Canada, or the Washington and Oregon coasts. Spokane is a vibrant community that is easy to navigate, has short commute times, and offers variety of sporting events, concerts, shopping, dining, and entertainment experience.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: 267430