Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant Health Unit Coordinator (0.9 FTE, Day Shift) to work in General Surgical Department at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for performing general secretarial and clerical duties in the patient care areas.
In this position you will:
- General Customer Service:Greets visitors, providing information and assistance as needed. Works with patients, families, visitors and physicians to identify needs, resolve problems or provide other information. Facilitates patient movement to other departments. Answers call lights, alarms and phone calls, providing patient assistance as appropriate. Issues visitor passes/Identification per unit protocols. Arrange for interpreter services.
- New Admissions, Transfer & Discharge Activities:Prepares a paper chart and prints stickers from electronic medical record for each new patient. Provides welcome brochures. Checks printer for the admission medication list and gives to admitting RN. Sends discharge medication orders to pharmacy as applicable by campus. Orders prior medical records when necessary. Check unoccupied rooms to make sure they are ready for new admit. Collaborates with nurse and other team members to organize and prioritize functions necessary for patient admission and care delivery.
- Electronic Medical Record “EMR”:Performs all ADT (admission, discharge and transfer) functions. Prepares charts for transfer and discharge. Ensures accommodation codes are correct. Manages bed board. Reviews orders for upcoming tests, procedures and communicates priority to nursing staff. Makes minor changes as needed i.e. unit collect vs. lab collect to orders. Checks pended and signed/held orders. Ensures downtime computer is on and checklists are complete. Runs reports and audits as requested by unit manager or designee. Enters non-medication verbal orders during a “Code Blue” or other emergencies. Use computer, telephone or requisition to enter physician orders, diagnostic tests or other procedures. May act as a resource for the EMR for staff and physicians.
- Environment of Care & Regulatory Readiness:Instructs families and visitors in hand hygiene protocols. Participates in the education of patient/families to unit practices/routines and orients patients to unit per protocols. Rounds the unit in accordance with department regulatory standards i.e. keeps hallways clear, equipment plugged in. Keep work area clean and clutter free. Posts signs, i.e. hand hygiene, NPO, free water restriction etc., as appropriate. Reinforces with patients isolation protocols and communicates concerns to the nursing staff. Actively participates in unit, department, and system-wide educational activities including Quality Improvement programs as appropriate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Current Washington State certification as a Nursing Assistant Certified.
- Current CPR certification must be maintained at all times.
- Washington State Medical Assistant - Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire.
- Must obtain active license within 60 days of hire.
- Employee will not be authorized to practice independently until registration is obtained.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 12 months skilled nursing experience.
- Acute or skilled experience will be waived if the applicant has demonstrated experience involving customer service in healthcare or other related industry and completion of an acute care NAC course.
- Acute or skilled experience will be waived for students currently enrolled and in good standing at a traditional registered nursing program approved by the Nursing Quality Care Commission. At a minimum, satisfactory completion of one academic term (quarter or semester) that included clinical patient care experience is required.Previous experience using electronic medical record.
About the Issaquah Campus.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Work Locations: Issaquah Main Bldg (WA171) 751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah, 98029
Req ID: 275492