About The East Carolina Heart Institute
The East Carolina Heart Institute is the first in North Carolina devoted exclusively to education, research, treatment, and prevention of cardiovascular diseases. The institute is associated with Vidant Medical Center and East Carolina University. The primary facilities that make up the Heart Institute are located on the campuses of Vidant Medical Center and ECU’s Brody School of Medicine. We use the most advanced equipment and techniques to manage both familiar and rare cardiovascular problems. Our integration of basic science and clinical research, along with the clinical practice of medicine and surgery, ensures that patients receive the latest, most promising treatment options based on thorough review of their individual needs.
24 Bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- RN ratio 1:2 or 1:1 for ICU patients
- Flexible scheduling options with self-scheduling
- Professional staff development opportunities that promote expert clinical and leadership pathways
The CICU provides services to adult, acutely ill patients experiencing the following:
- Acute STEMI
- Decompensated heart failure
- Cardiogenic shock
- Post-cardiac arrest
- Hemodynamic instability
- Responsible to provide care in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Nursing-Nurse Practice Act, American Nurses Association Standards of Practice and other standards established by profession/professional groups, regulating bodies/agents. Nursing care will be delivered in accordance with Vidant Health and entity specific nursing policies, procedures and professional standards of care/practice.
- Responsible for the provision and coordination of nursing care to include the collection and analysis of assessment data, identification of expected outcomes and development of plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family and other interdisciplinary team members. Identifies interventions to attain expected outcomes, implements the interventions identified in the plan of care, evaluates the progress of the patient/family toward attainment of outcomes, and documents the process. This care includes sensitivity to age specific and unique needs of the patient/family.
- Promotes and evaluates the effective functioning of the health care team. Collaborates with health care team members to meet the identified needs of the patient/family throughout the episode of care. Delegates tasks and activities as appropriate and governed by NC Nurse Practice Act.
- Associate Degree or Diploma is required.
- Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- Current NC RN license or licensure to practice in a participating Nurse Licensure Compact state Health Care Provider is required.
- Basic Life Support is required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required: (i.e. supervision, computers, etc.)
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet the twenty four (24) hour needs of the patients.
- Possess organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to utilize effective and confidential communication in patient, interdisciplinary, and staff relationships.
- Maintains stable performance levels under conditions of pressure and multiple demands.
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
For additional information, please contact:
Diane Hobbs, Recruiter:
Tel: (252) 847-3244.