Nov 23, 2020
Memorial Health System
Marietta, OH 45750, USA
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Circulator is responsible for the direct and indirect provision of professional nursing care of the patients in the operating room. The Circulator is accountable for ongoing evaluation and documentation of all components of care delivered to patients within the perioperative and outpatient environment utilizing the nursing process. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
BLS required upon hire
ACLS within one year of employment
Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
1. Following and completing assignments as given by the charge nurse.
2. Creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
3. Gathering supplies and equipment for surgical cases.
4. Preparing surgery suite for surgical procedures.
5. Restocking supplies in surgery suite when procedures have ended for the day.
6. Monitoring of surgery inventory and notifying appropriate individual(s) when supplies are needed.
7. Operates equipment and performs technical skills according to policies and standards; learns new skills and seeks assistance appropriately.
8. Synthesizes patient data and implements action plan appropriate to situation (good judgment, critical thinking).
9. Documentation is complete, clear, concise, and according to policy.
10. Collaborates with appropriate disciplines in developing coordinated outcomes and interventions; interacts with team members regarding patient progress.
11. Assumes accountability and responsibility for attendance and timely completion of competencies, mandatory programs, unit specific requirement (i.e. ACLS), and unit meetings.
12. Ensure that the Surgery Department and Operating Rooms are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
13. Record all information correctly and accurately on patient's chart.
14. Follow established universal precautions in the use of gloves, gowns, and/or masks.
15. Maintains compliance in RQI.
16. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.