The Clinical Informatics Champion supports the function and workflow of clinical applications at the bedside, working hand-in-hand with clinical staff. The Champion also supports the Clinical Informatics department with the design, evaluation and implementation of clinical applications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, include:
1. Tests all new or modified screens and pathways to ensure proper function and design.
2. Proactively identifies and analyzes problems or potential problems and makes sound recommendations for action.
3. Utilizes available reporting tools to collect and analyze clinical data for a wide variety of studies.
4. Provides routine and go-live support to clinical staff at the bedside and within the nursing unit.
5. Assists Champions/Super-users to support all Clinical Information Systems, during all shifts, and at outside locations.
6. Works closely with Clinical Informatics Manager and CIO on all clinical informatics projects. Supports implementations, go-live events, post go-live issues, metrics, operational maintenance, and future enhancements to the systems.
7. Works with Clinical Informatics Manager to maintain a process for training new staff members in clinical informatics and existing staff on changes to the systems, refresher courses, and competency testing.
8. Assists in developing on-going training for Champions/Super-users.
9. Works with CIO, CMIO, CNIO, managers, and staff in ongoing process of improving internal process, internal cross training and development of policies and procedures. Works with IS to identify, plan and manage post implementation support process.
10. Develops plans and strategies for gaining clinician acceptance and ongoing use of clinical information systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Associate's degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience working in an acute care hospital preferred. Experience with clinical data repositories, electronic medical records, clinical documentation, computerized order entry/results reporting and physician access to systems preferred.
License/Certification/Registration: Washington State (DOH) Registered Nurse licensure required.
Virginia Mason Memorial (VMM), part of the Virginia Mason Health System, is made up of a 226-bed hospital as well as 20+ primary care and specialty care locations. We are a nonprofit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for 70 years. We are seeking employees with a passion for patients and customer service!
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision coverage; plus we have a generous 401K plan (with an employer contribution!), competitive compensation, an employee wellness clinic and continuing education and training. At VMM, we know the best care is provided by employees who are well-supported.
Why do we do what we do? As the region's leading health care provider and Yakima's largest employer, we believe that by inspiring people to thrive, we can transform lives. Our vision is to "create healthy communities one person at a time." With such an important goal, we work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
“Virginia Mason Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”