Nov 23, 2020
Memorial Health System
Marietta, OH 45750, USA
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the OB Technician is responsible for assisting registered nurses in the delivery of patient care and maintains a clean, adequately stocked unit. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience required
BLS certification required
Good verbal communication, manual dexterity, basic understanding of medical terminology and sterile technique, and ability to move fast under stress
Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
1. Provides safe environment for obstetrical, newborn, and post-op patients including cleaning of LDRs and the OB OR and completion of check lists and restocking essential supplies.
2. Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
3. Provides direct care to obstetric, newborn, and post-op patients as assigned by charge nurse or under the delegation of the registered nurse.
4. Assists the HUC with clerical functions.
5. Assists with teaching the patient/family/significant other.
6. Consistently documents necessary information in the EMR.
7. Assists in the maintenance of equipment.
8. Assists with vaginal and cesarean deliveries under the direction of the registered nurse and provider within scope of practice.
9. Functions as a scribe in OB emergencies.
10. Performs bedside testing under the direction of the registered nurse.
11. Maintains compliance in RQI.
12. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.