Nov 23, 2020
Memorial Health System
Marietta, OH 45750, USA
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for performing a variety of patient care activities, supporting the patients' medical and nursing plan of care. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Current Licensure in the State of Ohio as a Licensed Practical Nurse required
Must possess a N.A.P.N.E.S., O.O.P.N.E. or State Board of Nursing medication administration card required
BLS certification required
Verbal, clerical, numerical abilities, manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
1. Assists in all aspects of patient care and non-patient care within their scope of practice.
2. Complies with all safety and infection control standards.
3. Provides patient care as assigned by charge nurse/team leader.
4. Completes required competencies.
5. Maintains compliance in RQI.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Behavioral Health Additional Essential Functions:
Performs hourly rounding.
Implements and monitors nursing interventions.
Utilizes appropriate interpersonal communication which facilitates productive relationships with other team members.
Facilitates a positive and caring relationship with others by utilizing trust and mutual respect.
Establishes a therapeutic relationship between patient, family and self, based on empathy and trust.
Promotes a positive patient experience.
Seeks help from appropriate resources as needed.
Maintains current knowledge of and practices within the scope of hospital policies.
Uses proper channels of authority in communicating information.
Medical Oncology/Radiation Additional Essential Functions:
1. Performs glucometer blood sugars as patient condition dictates.
2. Performs peripheral venipuncture for lab draws following successful training and validation.
3. Obtains vital signs, including height, weight, TPR, blood pressure, O2 saturation.
4. Obtains and enters current data into the EMR, including meaningful use measures, patient history updates, and clinic summary note each visit.
5. Completes medication reconciliation with each clinic visit.
6. Performs chart checks in preparation of patient clinic visits.
7. Consults social services for patients with elevated psychosocial distress screens.
8. Obtains OARRS reporting as requested by ordering providers.
9. Participates in community education and health screenings as assigned.
Wound Care Additional Essential Functions:
1. Perform intake and discharge of patients.
2. Complete required documentation in I-Heal.
3. Assist in educating patient and caregivers on wound care and pertinent topics.
4. Performs prescribed wound care treatments.
5. Completes chart audits as needed.