The Denver Hospice is looking for an experienced RN Charge Nurse to assist with patient calls during our after hours shifts.
Location: 8289 E. Lowry Blvd., Denver, CO 80230
Schedule: TBD (will be night and weekend shifts)
Hourly Pay Range: $34.40 - $46.44
New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: FTBE - Regular Full Time benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled 30 hours or more.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Vacation Pay and Sick Leave - Accrued
- Holiday Pay with an additional Floating Holiday
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Serves in a supervisory role by overseeing the clinical services provided to inpatient hospice or outpatient hospice patients and their families. Serves as the first point of contact for management issues and/or needs during assigned shift.
- Supervises staff including RNs, LPNs, CNAs, social workers, chaplains and supportive administrative staff and maintains appropriate staffing levels to provide safe, high quality patient care during assigned shift. Assigns shift specific tasks to staff.
- May assist the Clinical Manager with staff evaluations, intervention and mediation when conflict arises. Delivers performance management if staff performance is inadequate and reports any concerns to the manager for further follow-up.
- Oversees and assists with daily patient care activities i.e., deaths, transfers and admissions. Supervises the completion of daily or shift specific clinical functions.
- Acts as a resource for information and problem-solving, crisis intervention, and on-going assessment of patients, including assessment for a change in status. Acts as a resource for assessment of pain control and other symptoms.
- Maintains ongoing communication with staff, patients and families. Provides current updates to medical providers and assures completion of new orders. Provides support for sensitive or difficult issues surrounding patient care.
- Provides supervision of other Call Center Staff during the assigned shift.
- Responds to incoming calls in a timely, responsive and professional manner; triages as appropriate to address or support the needs of the caller.
- May perform comprehensive nursing assessments dependent on staffing needs.
- Utilizes sound nursing judgement and strong assessment skills to perform complex telephone interview and triaging as appropriate, may modify care plan accordingly.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One-two (1-2) years of experience in hospice/palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver license and proof of auto insurance.
- CPR certification
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers patients
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.