The Denver Hospice is looking for a C.N.A to assist one of our patient care teams on the weekends.
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Part time
Schedule: 16-24 hours per week. May include Saturdays and Sundays or Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Hourly Pay Range: $14.89 - $20.11
As an organization, new hires for this role are typically starting no higher than the midpoint of $17.50 per hour. New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: PTBE - Regular Part Time benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled 20-29 hours.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match*
- Vacation Pay - Accrued
- Sick Leave - Accrued*
- Holiday Pay with an additional Floating Holiday
- Education Reimbursement Program*
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access*
- Employer Assistance Program*
- Employee Recognition Program*
*Benefits available to all employees regardless of Employee Classification.
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) provides quality nursing care within their scope of practice to promote comfort and dignity for patients in the hospice care setting. Upholds positive public relations with patients, families and facility staff. The Certified Nursing Assistant is able to work with neonates through geriatrics.
- Delivers care based on the Plan of Care (POC) established by the RN Case Manager and/or assigned RN. Communicates to Clinical Manager, RN Case Manager or assigned RN regarding their observations and knowledge of patient needs and preferences. Is a part of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG) and participates in meetings as assigned.
- Assists with ambulation, range-of-motion exercises, positioning, turning and transfers according to patient’s abilities, tolerance and preference.
- Takes and records vital signs, observes changes in patient’s condition or behavior; promptly reports any changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
- Provides personal care to patients, including bathing, peri-care, shampoo, oral hygiene, denture care, nail care, shaving and assisting with dress.
- Aides with patient’s toileting needs, including bedpan/urinal use, catheter care, changing briefs, and when delegated and supervised, administers suppositories/enemas.
- Periodically addresses food and fluid issues by preparing meals, feeding patient and/or offering fluids.
- Maintains patient’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears or other damage by changing incontinent patients, turning, repositioning and applying lotion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 3-6 months CNA experience (hospice preferred).
- Required License: Current Colorado CNA license. Valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- CPR certification
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs
- Lifts/positions/ and/or transfers patients
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Considerable reaching/stooping/bending/kneeling/crouching
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.