Halcyon at Colorado VNA is looking for a Social Worker with a MSW to assist with patient care needs.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Hourly Pay Range: $24.29 - $32.79
New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classifications: FTBE - Regular Full Time benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled 30 hours or more.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Vacation Pay and Sick Leave - Accrued
- Holiday Pay with an additional Floating Holiday
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Provides clinical psychosocial support to patient and family/caregiver in accordance with patient preferences, goals, and needs. The position works collaboratively with the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG) as well as with facilities and agencies in the community.
- Home care focused; bereavement indicators not applicable.
- Works with RN, PT, OT or ST Case Manager in the development of a comprehensive transfer and/or discharge plan in collaboration with patient, family, staff and referral agencies.
- Evaluates patient/family psychosocial needs and individual/family counseling as part of the Plan of Care (POC). Delivers appropriate referrals to community resources such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, transportation, and/or education.
- Completes initial and on-going psychosocial and bereavement assessment of patient and family/caregiver to include the patient’s history, ethnic background, cultural and religious beliefs and the implications for the Plan of Care (POC).
- Establishes goals based on assessment and mutual agreement with patient and family/caregiver. Serves as an additional primary contact for IDG/IDT collaboration and advocate for patient/family and other providers.
- Identifies potential bereavement resources for patient and family/caregivers to assist in coping with loss, aging and death. Assesses and assists patients with advanced directives and care planning.
- Evaluates patient/family psychosocial needs and individual/family counseling as part of the Plan of Care (POC). Delivers appropriate referrals to community resources such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing and/or education.
- Communicates risk indicators to bereavement services as appropriate. Assists RN Case Manager with development of a comprehensive transfer and/or discharge plan in collaboration with patient, family, staff and referral agencies.
- Utilizes knowledge of disease processes; skilled in assessing impact on patient and family dynamics and psychosocial wellbeing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Minimum Experience: Two to three years of social work practice under the supervision of a licensed or equivalently qualified social worker.
- Required License: Current Colorado Social Worker license (LSW or LCSW) preferred. MSW must be willing to work towards licensure. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- CPR Certification Required.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 30 lbs.
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.