Location: Ellen Sagar
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs the following:
- Provides direct age-specific care to selected residents and performs selected activities, utilizing the Resident Assessment Instrument and the Nursing process based on delegation by the Registered Nurse.
- Provides and understands the specific communication, developmental, treatment needs of residents, staff and others coming into the facility facilities and visitors ranging in age from early adult to late adult.
Required to Apply
- Current LPN license to practice in South Carolina.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent professional communication skills.
Core Job Responsibilities include:
- Monitors and controls noise at desk to ensure professional conduct and appearance.
- Assures the nursing station desk is attended.
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized desk area to facilitate workflow.
- Ensures confidential and PHI information is properly secured.
- Skilled in data entry and alpha/numeric filing systems.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skillfully operate and maintain computer(s), printer(s), fax machine(s) and telephone system(s).
- Routinely maintains standards of CMS/ Medicare/Medicaid Standards and other licensing and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates practice to maintain a safe environment and reports safety issues for residents, visitors, co-workers and self
- Recognizes risk management situations and reports them in a timely manner
- Promptly reports equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel; uses chain of command when reporting problems/concerns
- Demonstrates compliance with policies regarding HIPAA and resident confidentiality, confidentiality of facility information and residents' rights and responsibilities; demonstrates knowledge of the purpose of the Ethics Committee, including referral process
- Successfully completes initial orientation and annual required computerized training, competencies and annual health evaluation
- Attends unit staff meetings, applying knowledgeable of facility's policies and procedures, medical terminology and specific services of departments
- Identifies and actively supports positive relations within team and across department lines; maintains an open and positive attitude by a willingness to participate in new initiatives