Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with over 6,000 employees who serve the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You'll Do
The Clinical Leader will promote the mission and values of Hillcrest Healthcare System and be an active advocate of providing quality patient care, excellent customer service and efficient health care. As a member of the leadership team, this individual will be involved in system planning, budgeting, manpower planning and program development in accordance with HHS standards in order to deliver efficient, effective and quality patient care. The Clinical Leader will also be expected to regular staff on the unit as a Charge Nurse. As a Clinical Leader he/she is expected to adhere to and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
- Recommend/monitor/provide sufficient number of qualified/competent staff as measured by productivity standards
- Participates in selection/monitoring of outside services/staff
- Ensures prerequisite orientation and education programs for staff are completed on time
- Assists with meeting
- Determines staff qualifications are acceptable by contributing to annual evaluations and completing staff competency verifications.
- Maintains/completes education/licensure for current or new requirements.
- Ensures leadership competency through orientation /education in leadership roles within the department.
- Assist with develop/implement/monitor Policy and Procedures that guide/support services.
- Maintains/monitors appropriate quality control programs
- Integrates the services with the Hospital's primary functions.
- Initiates/coordinates/integrates inter/intradepartmental services.
- Continuously assesses/improves department/staff performance.
- Integrating the services with the hospital’s primary function
- Coordinating/integrating inter/intradepartmental services
- Developing/implementing policies and procedures that guide/support services
- Recommending sufficient number of qualified/competent staff
- Determining staff qualifications and competence
- Continuously assessing and improving departmental performance
- Maintaining appropriate quality control programs
- Ensuring orientation and continuing education for staff
- Recommending space/other resources needed by the department
- Participating in the selection of outside services.
What You'll Bring
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program. Active RN license.
- Must possess and maintain current BLS and ACLS. CNOR, PALS, TNCC preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Skills: Organizational, verbal, interpersonal, mathematical, analytical, grammar/spelling, read/comprehend written instructions, and follow verbal instructions.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of others appropriately, handle multiple priorities, work alone, and work in areas that are confined and/or crowded.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities