Registered Nurse/RN, Cardiovascular Operating Room, Full Time, Variable Shift, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Per Diem RN to join our Cardiovascular Surgical team in Albuquerque, NM.
This Full Time job is located at Heart Hospital of New Mexico at Lovelace Medical Center, New Mexico’s only hospital dedicated exclusively to cardiovascular care, including the State’s only facility to do left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implant, and a cutting-edge hybrid operating room where surgeons can perform advanced surgical services for Cardiovascular patients.
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, to include patient care and staff management assigned to the RN in his/her charge.
- May serve in the role of Charge Nurse and is accountable for professional practice.
- Manages the patient care process by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented on all patients within the time frame of the established policy.
- Manages staff members, assesses the needs of patients, and delegates tasks appropriately.
Registered Nurse Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate's Degree or Diploma of Nursing, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing desired
- Two (2) years experience in specialty as well as Two (2) years general nursing experience
- Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- BLS; Hiring department may also require ACLS and/or PALS
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Management skills; strong organization and problem solving skills
- Works well in a team setting; communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center Accreditation
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation by Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry- GWTG Silver Performance Award
- Hybrid room finalist for NAIOP Awards of Excellence
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.