Nov 23, 2020
Memorial Health System
Marietta, OH 45750, USA
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Pre-Admission Testing Nurse is responsible for coordinating registration for any patient requiring pre-admission testing, including coordination of pre-surgery testing of patients for outpatient surgery and same day surgery. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse with 1-2 years of nursing experience in a hospital setting
BLS certification required
Ability to interact positively with physicians, patients and their families
Ability to project positive attitude and appearance, promote good public relations
Knowledge of interview techniques and legal issues involved
Excellent communication skills
Good organization habits
Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
Excellent teaching skills
Knowledge of Medicare regulations preferred
1. Accountable that patient care meets standards of safety, effectiveness, patient rights and guest relations, provides education for patients and collaborates with other disciplines.
2. Conducts Perioperative Phone Screening of pre-operative surgical patients and makes pre-operative calls to provide arrival time and instructions to patients going for surgery.
3. Responsible for organizing and directing activities in accordance with nursing standards, TJC, Medicare and all other applicable federal, state and local guidelines. PAT RN may assume the following PAT responsibilities: contact, by way of telephone, all patients prior to surgery to assess medical and medication history, review for appropriate lab, x-ray, EKG orders to determine where and when these procedures are to completed and provide preadmission teaching.
4. Track issues that are trending from calls and need to make sure we have action plans with follow up to report.
5. Maintains compliance in RQI.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.