Nov 23, 2020
Memorial Health System
Marietta, OH 45750, USA
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care within the Nursing Scope of Practice in the State of Ohio guidelines. Functions as a vital member of the diagnostic imaging healthcare team who contributes to the success of MHS by demonstrating patient centricity, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families. Performs cardiac stress testing under the supervision of a physician. Demonstrates progression to recognize situational changes that require unplanned or unanticipated interventions, and responds to situations with confidence, timeliness and flexibility. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse.
BLS and ACLS certification required.
Minimum of 1 year critical care experience required.
Basic and/or Advanced EKG class or evidence of stress test training course required upon hire or willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
If previous stress lab experience, Observation RN must provide evidence of performing at least 50 stress tests within the last 2 years. A letter verifying current clinical competence will be requested.
Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity.
1. Works in conjunction with Nuclear Medicine Technologists in performing Cardiac Stress Tests.
2. Completes documentation of care provided to patients within the department that includes but is not limited to collecting patient history and physical review to include current medication records and allergies and reviews laboratory data for abnormal or usual results prior to administration of any medication.
3. Assists in building Nursing Policies for diagnostic procedures to maintain patient and staff safety.
4. Administers medications; handles emergent patient care issues.
5. Responsible for implementing the philosophy, objectives, standards of care, policies, and procedures of Cardiac Services under the supervision of a Cardiologist and Medical Director of Diagnostic Imaging.
6. Direct assessments, evaluation and monitoring for all patients undergoing any cardiac stress testing in the Cardiac Diagnostic Stress Lab.
7. Assuring informed consent as allowed by nursing licensure and hospital policy and obtaining all necessary patient signatures.
8. Confers with the physician as needed based on the medical status of the patient.
9. Works closely with the medical, nursing, and ancillary staff of the system to provide quality and safe care.
10. Maintains compliance in annual Radiation training.
11. Maintains strict confidentiality at all time.
12. Maintains compliance in RQI.
13. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.