Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Staff (Emergency, Variable Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Kodiak Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt and just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as “Emerald Isle” for its breathtaking vibrant landscape? Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, PKIMC works closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. And our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
In this position you will:
- Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers upon hire
- Certifications required within 90 days of hire
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support (STABLE) certification within 180 days of hire
- Minimum 1 year of ED nursing experience required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC’s long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 268337