* $12k Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available.*
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to its Labor and Delivery team at Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR. This posting represents a full-time, night shift position (hours are 6pm-6:30am, 3, 12 hour shifts. You will also participate in the team's call and weekend rotation.
We have 8 LDRP with 2 triage rooms and 2 operating rooms. Patient population is 36 weeks and greater. Level 1 OB care and Level 1 newborn care. Hypertension, gestational diabetes, and twins can be managed for greater than 36 weeks gestation. You will only be placed on standby for low census. This is calculated on rotation. We are a growing department which will add 2 additional Providers by the end of summer 2020.
- Full time benefited position - 36 hours per week
- (3) 12 hour night shifts
- Rotating/variable weekends and holidays
Providence Medford Medical Center is a Level 3 Trauma Center with 168 licensed beds. It's also home to one of the only Joint Commission Advanced Certification Primary Stroke Centers, and has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Care Certification for total hip and knee replacements.
Providence Health System in Medford has an integrated network of primary care and specialty providers throughout the Rogue Valley. Our hospital is nestled in the magnificent Rogue Valley just 30 miles from the California border, Medford and nearby Ashland and Jacksonville form the southern gateway to the Pacific Northwest. http://www.travelmedford.org/ With 75,000 residents, Medford is the 4th largest city in Oregon and serves as the medical hub for a population of more than 510,000. At nearly 2,000 feet of elevation, Medford has a mild climate and four distinct seasons. The Medford area offers a unique mix of physical beauty, cultural diversity and recreational opportunities ranging from Ashland's renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival to year-round outdoor activities such as white-water rafting, biking, fishing, skiing and wilderness hiking. Additionally, the ocean is just an hour away! Living in Medford offers a small town appeal with larger town offerings. Schools include a state university 15 minutes from downtown.
Providence Health & Services is an integrated, not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and providers in Alaska, California, Montana, Oregon and Washington. We are affiliated with Swedish Health Services, Pacific Medical Centers, Kadlec and Facey Medical Group, sharing one Electronic Medical Record system (Epic) and best practices to create healthier communities, together.
Is Providence your calling?
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implements and evaluates patients’ care
- Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
- Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care; use data and evidence to improve patient outcomes
- Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practice to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrate and disseminate research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge, model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RNs) without a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing must obtain a bachelor’s degree in nursing or higher within three (3) years of hire
- A RN with (twenty) 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Unencumbered RN license in Oregon (OSBN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider),
- American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Healthcare Provider), or
- Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) must be from American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)/American Heart Association (AHA) within three (3) months of hire
- One (1) year of acute care experience working with the patient population similar to the department of hire -OR- completion of the specialty residency located at Providence Medford Medical Center
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing upon hire
- National Certification directly related to department of hire
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 263592