Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (ECF Kodiak, Variable, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- RESIDENT CARE: Provide personal care and emotional support under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and or Physician. Performs basic patient/resident observation skills and report significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member in a timely manner. Assist with measuring food/fluid intake and output and assists, bathing and dressing, including nail, skin, oral, peri-care, hand and foot care, and assist with toileting and elimination, including enemas pursuant to plan of care. Transport patients via wheelchair, stretcher or other method as needed.
- REPORTING/DOCUMENTATION: Record vital signs, weights, bowel records, meal intake, admission paperwork, and other required documentation. Report changes observed in residents to the RN/LPN Primary Care Nurse. Interact daily with the interdisciplinary team to communicate resident needs/status. Ensure that records are kept in an accurate, timely, legible and confidential manner. Inventory patient personal belongings at admission and as changes occur.
- HOUSEKEEPING/UNIT DUTIES: Function as collaborative member of a self-managed work team while managing household responsibilities such as cleaning, laundry, and light cooking. Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment for the patient/resident. Keep bedside tables neat, change linens, clean spills and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Embrace the Providence Service Standards in all aspects of position. Present and conduct self in a professional manner. Provide support to coworkers and customers while demonstrating service excellence by building positive interpersonal relations to ensure productive and positive relationships are maximized. Develop a deep understanding of customer’s perspectives and needs and works to meet their expectations. Build a culture of true caring by behavior and interactions with others.
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner to patients, families and visitors. Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills and cooperates with other departments and members of the care delivery team to provide optimal continuity of care to patients and their families. Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and interact harmoniously with others. Work collaboratively with others, to ensure team success. Support new orientees in learning department routines.
- Work with new Nursing Assistant orientees and with CNAs unfamiliar with facility routines or the Resident-directed, Model of Care. Demonstrate knowledge and support of quality improvement goals. Participates in department projects or committees as assigned.
- CRITICAL THINKING AND ORGANIZATION: Demonstrate effective priority setting and organization skills to promote departmental workflow and cost efficiency. Ensure smooth, efficient services and maximizes comfort and confidentiality for the patient. Anticipate potential obstacles and adjusts work assignments to prevent unnecessary delays. Recognize errors/problems and takes corrective action when necessary. Utilize available resources to recognize errors/problems and take corrective action and assists with problem resolution.
- PERSONNEL: Demonstrate knowledge and support of quality improvement goals. Participate in department, facility and organizational projects or committees as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must complete twelve (12) hours of in-service training annually to maintain certification
- Must hold a current State of Alaska CNA certification. CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within four (4) months of employment
- BLS or the ability to attain certification within 90 days of date of hire
- Alaska Food Worker Card or ability to attain certification within 30 days
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 6 months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care-giver
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC’s long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 269565