Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator Case and Disease Management to our location in Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator Case and Disease Management to provide care coordination services to Providence Health Plans (PHP) members. Care coordination services include: disease management programs, including educating, motivating and empowering members to manage their disease. Case management including: triage and referral, transition of care planning, end of life care planning, other acute and catastrophic case management. These services are offered to members and their families who have acute and complex health care needs; members with chronic conditions at risk for poor health outcomes and members who are terminal and nearing end of life. Care management services include nurse education, care coordination and general assistance with managing day to day functional needs; assisting with the management of member health plan benefits and offering assistance finding alternative services when benefits are exhausted. This position works within the health plan framework of managing medical expenses while also working to improve access and quality care to our members.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in discharge planning, care coordination and post hospital follow up calls for hospitalized members, following department policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional working relationships with health care providers and facilities, case managers, community liaison staff and members and families when providing care coordination services and health education.
- Perform the six essential activities of case management: assessment, coordination, planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation, in multiple environments.
- Perform case management duties to effectively manage services, benefits, costs and quality, following policies and procedures as outlined.
- Provide disease management programs and services following policies and procedures as outlined.
- Track and report case management activities, savings and outcomes as outlined in the policies and procedures.
- Screen members through a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) for case and disease management programs and services.
- Review high cost reports and member utilization experience and prepare clinical reports outlining the member diagnosis, prognosis and treatment, following established procedures.
- Participate in program development, clinical supervision and continuing education.
- Exceptional Needs Care Coordinator (Specialized services provided to Oregon Health Plan members who are Aged, Blind or Disabled) duties include:
• Early identification of those Aged, Blind, Disabled DMAP members that have disabilities or complex medical care needs.
• Assist members to ensure timely access to providers and services.
• Assist providers with coordination of services and discharge planning to meet the unique needs of disabled members.
• Assist with coordinating community support and social service systems linkage with medical care systems, as necessary and appropriate.
• Act as an internal resource regarding knowledge of Oregon Health Plan to the Providence Health System.
• Participate and represent Providence Health Plans at state, county, and community agency meetings throughout the service areas.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 5 years clinical nursing experience.
- Experience working with physicians in the collaboration and management of patient care.
- Current license as a registered nurse (RN) in the state of Oregon.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or health education.
- Current nursing experience in the following areas: cardiology, endocrinology, pediatrics, obstetrics, oncology, respiratory, health education.
- Additional RN license in the state of Washington
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 266417