Swedish is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to work in the Float Pool at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
In this position you will:
- Assess, identify appropriate nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care; use data and evidence to improve patient outcomes
- Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire
- The National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or the National Stroke Association within 30 days from hire
- One (1) year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- National certification in area of specialty
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services. On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Work Locations: Edmonds Main Bldg (WA151) 21601 76th Ave W Edmonds, 98026
Req ID: 269887