The NP functions in an interdependent role by implementing the appropriate “Standardized Procedures” (SP). By using the SPs the NP is able to change treatment regimen after observing signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, general behavior and physical condition and determines if they are abnormal findings (Ca Nursing Practice Act, subsection(b) of Section 2725). This position will support the "non-teaching" RNPH adult inpatient team and the Adult Service Devision Director.
Provide and coordinate the care of patients, provide patient/family education, promote safe continuity of care. Participate in interdisciplinary and clinical rounds, provide education and support, as well as make appropriate referrals. Document services rendered.
NPIII is designated as an expert resource within the specialization or clinical experience. Qualifications
· CA RN License
· CA NP National Certification (i.e. ANCC)
· Qualified to obtain LPS Certification
· MSN in a clinical field related to nursing or a graduate degree in nursing
· BLS, ACLS, PALS
· At least 3 years of inpatient psychiatric nursing
· Ability to utilize excel, word and other software programs
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with administrative, clinical and academic personnel
Skill in working independently and following through with minimum direction and set priorities
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.