To provide nursing care to patients and their families in the PTU/PACU. Under direct supervision, the primary responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse II includes the direct nursing care of patients, utilizing the nursing process; the development and application of leadership, management, and communication concepts, teaching of patients and staff; maintenance of professional standards. This unit admits and recovers Surgical patients. Collaborate with other health team members and associated resource persons to provide continuity of care. Participate with health team members for problem solving in area management. Assist in the development and implementation of standards, methods and tools to improve patient care. Candidate must be able to function with minimal supervision and be highly motivated to provide excellent care and patient advocacy.Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required. Current and valid California RN license required.
- Current BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to direct nursing practice and prioritize problem solving
- Demonstrates consistent critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to constructively engage in a fast paced environment
- Skill in speaking the English language with excellent medical/surgical terminology
- Ability to multitask and work flexible schedules.
- Ability to comply with department standards inclusive of: attendance, dress code and varied work schedule.
- At least 1 years of experience in a PACU, ER, or ASC setting, preferred
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.