Perioperative Nurse Liaison
Bell Pre Post
Days - PRN
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Perioperative Nurse Liason, under the direction of the Clinical Director, performs essential duties for department for the coordination of patient care communication to family regarding the status/progress of the patient’s procedure within the Perioperative Services departments.
- Change culture to one that is Family centered customer friendly throughout the surgical process.
- Integrates and trains staff in appropriate department/service for an additional support to patients and their families preoperatively, and postoperatively.
- Promotes Hospital Services through communication with staff surgeon, OR personnel, patient, and patient family/significant other during the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of the surgical experience.
- Training and education of staff for identification of psycho-social needs of patient’s family/significant other’s during the Perioperative period both within and outside the Perioperative division.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- Must be prepared to interact with patients/families making a complaint or grievance, and sudden requests for information