*Indian Creek Perioperative RN
Indian Creek Operating Room
Multiple Shift Options
Indian Creek Campus
Position Summary/Career Interest
People from across the region and the country come to us for their complex surgical needs.
We provide surgery services at several locations throughout Kansas City, but our Indian Creek Hospital boasts:
- 8 state-of-the-art surgical suites
- 24 Pre/Post bays
- 20 inpatient rooms
We are looking for passionate nurses to join our OR team! You do not need to have prior OR experience. If you love teamwork, are described as someone with a positive attitude and eager to learn, we would love for you to apply! Our team at Indian Creek is highly engaged and loves to work hard. We see a variety of case types at Indian Creek, which means you will always learn new things and never get bored.
Upon submitting your application please let us know all shifts you would be interested in considering: Days, Evenings, Nights. In addition, please provide us with each status that would consider as well: Full-time or Part-time. You may list your first preference in each category, but please also provide us with each option you would consider as a back-up.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/patient care priorities.
- Collaborates and coordinates care of the patient with the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
- Develops and updates the patient plan of care.
- Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and revises plan of care on an ongoing basis.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.).
- Implements the plan of care utilizing resources and best evidence.
- Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine.
- Involves patient/family in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
- Participates in unit and/or department quality improvement efforts
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Perioperative Nursing Experience