PRN CLINICAL NURSE COOR CARDIOLOGY
Cardiovascular ambulatory Overland Park
Days - PRN
Cardiology - Overland Park
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator Cardiology is a licensed registered professional nurse who is a clinical expert who provides ethical, evidence-based, safe and compassionate nursing care. Has expertise in one or more specialty area. The Ambulatory Nurse focuses on patient safety and the quality of nursing care by identifying and clarifying patient needs, conducting health education, promoting patient advocacy, coordinating healthcare services, and evaluating patient outcomes. The Heart Rhythm Management nurse facilitates optimal care by monitoring and optimizing patient care through monitoring of device diagnostics and function. They also manage and optimally program implantable cardiac devices to improve quality of life and decrease re-hospitalizations in the heart failure patient population.
- Acts as a patient advocate in developing a plan of care that respects the patient’s culture and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
- Coordinates a multidisciplinary, collaborative healthcare team in the management of acute and chronic cardiovascular diseases.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by identifying and addressing safety issues and changing nurse practices to enhance safety.
- Facilitates continuity of care using the nursing process across the care continuum.
- Facilitates patient care services by managing and individualizing care for patients and their families
- Implements and evaluates evidence-based nursing interventions to improve patient outcomes.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Provides critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment to expedite appropriate care and treatment of patients with complex problems or potentially life threatening conditions.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and/or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Registered Nurse in Kansas and Missouri
- BCLS certification
- ACLS certification
- IV therapy skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- BSN Degree
- Minimum of two years’ cardiology nursing experience