ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
The CNA assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to patients and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Nursing Team Leader or other Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. The CNA implements directions from the nursing staff and physicians assisting with direct and indirect patient care. Meets the communication needs of the patient/family, departmental staff, and medical staff. As assigned, the CNA performs admission duties and ensures patient information is accurately obtained and updated in the hospital’s computer system; prepares and compiles records in the department.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner; using only authorized abbreviations established by this organization.
- Cooperates with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the patients.
- Meets with shift nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services
- Notifies the facility when you will be late or absent from work
- Participates in and receives nursing report upon reporting for duty.
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required.
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) License required.
- BLS certification required.
- Minimum six months’ related work experience.
- Additional certifications may be required based on unit assignment.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.