Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s
mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research. Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery Unit Summary
Vanderbilt University Hospital and Clinics cares for adult and geriatric patients during the entire care continuum. The Float Pool assists with staffing in many of these areas including120 clinics on and off campus.
- Outpatient Float Pool consists of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practice Nurses and Medical Assistants
- Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the outpatient clinics. You will help provide patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
- Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
- All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
Full-time, Day Shift Float to various clinics within the Vanderbilt Network Our Nursing Philosophy
Achieve the RemarkablePosition QualificationsRequired:
- We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
- Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and one year of experience or the equivalent
- Active Tennessee LPN license