Under direct supervision of the Unit Director and Charge Nurse, the primary responsibilities of the clinical nurse include the direct nursing care of patients utilizing process, development and application of leadership, management, and communication concepts; teaching of patients and staff; maintenance of professional standards.
As an operating room nurse, you will serve as a scrub and circulating nurse while providing direct patient care using the nursing process and evidence-based practice. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary professional team as you contribute to cutting edge and innovative surgical procedures. Our mission involves you supporting research and education to staff and students. This role has varied schedule that includes call assignments on nights, weekends and holidays.
· Previous Circulating and Scrub experience
· Experience as a Registered Nurse in an operating room in an acute care facility.
· Ability to use and apply effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
· Ability to use age appropriate principles to surgical patients.
· Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN. Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire. Current and valid California RN license required. Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
· Previous eye surgery experience
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.