Clinical Nurse I
BH46 Medical Telemetry Progressive Care
Days - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
We are currently hiring for a Clinical Nurse I on our Medical Telemetry unit (Unit 46).
This unit is a unit focused on the care of the observation patient population and inpatient population. These observation class patients have a wide array of diagnosis, requiring care for a shorter period of time from 8 hours and up to 48 hours. The inpatient population consists of those patients of wide array of diagnosis as well, some that may require additional heart monitoring and medication drips such as cardiac, insulin and heparin. The team is highly engaged with leading edge therapies used to treat various conditions in a fast paced environment.
- The Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- AHA BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- BSN Degree required for Patient Care Services
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required for Perioperative & Procedural Services
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required for Inpatient Acute Rehab
- For Perioperative & Procedures and Inpatient Acute Rehab, ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHA
- 6 months to 2 years experience as a Clinical Nurse
- BSN Degree for Perioperative & Procedural Services
- BSN Degree for Inpatient Acute Rehab