BH66 Medical Progressive Care/Pulmonary Hypertension
Nights - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
Provides charge nurse responsibilities, including assignments, management of throughput, staffing to matrix, and responding to patient and staff needs. Manages a patient care assignment as indicated by patient care needs. Assists with hiring, education and performance evaluation of the staff. Works with the Nurse Manager and Human Resources in performance management counseling and discipline of staff. Instructs staff and ensures compliance with standards through daily on-going monitoring and performance management. Serves as a role model and mentor for excellence in clinical practice and patient and employee satisfaction. Takes personal responsibility for achieving productivity targets and budget compliance. Has primary involvement and responsibility for unit performance improvement activities and outcomes.
We currently have an opening for a Unit Coordinator on our Medical Progressive Care/Pulmonary Hypertension unit (Unit 66).
Unit 66 - Medical Progressive Care/Pulmonary Hypertension
Unit 66 is a fast paced 22 bed inpatient unit which utilizes telemetry monitoring for a wide range of patient populations while still providing specialized nursing care. This unit supports expanded monitoring capabilities in their Progressive Care beds so high risk patients can safely transition from the intensive care unit. Unit 66 also plays a lead role in supporting the regions only Primary Pulmonary Hypertension program with expert nursing care that can only be found here at KU.
- Creates initiatives to inspire and motivate others to perform their best, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership; looks for ways to foster improvement of team performance.
- Creates a working environment that cultivates and utilizes proactive actions, methods and opportunities.
- Earns trust from others and leverages organizational networks to learn critical information that impacts the organization.
- Proactively evaluates industry/hospital trends and developments to share external. perspectives (e.g., competitors, hospital news, etc.) and make organizational improvements.
- Delivers a clear, precise and effective message appropriate to the situation; and creates an atmosphere of open communication.
- Consistently delivers persuasive, high-impact messages in all situations; employs the best method to leave a positive impression across groups.
- Utilizes appropriate resources effectively and applies critical thinking to resolve arising issues across teams and difficult customer situations
- Draws upon a broad base of customer knowledge and experience to establish and sustain a culture that exceeds customer expectations.
- Proactively anticipates and resolves obstacles or bottle-necks to facilitate internal/cross-functional partnership.
- Encourages and actively supports employees to develop their full potential and talent by learning and growing from favorable and unfavorable experiences.
- Creates systems and processes to enable a culture of continuous feedback in the organization; serves as a role model in proactively coaching others to give and receive feedback.
- Identifies and grows future leaders; promotes frequent coaching and development planning for a proactive people development culture.
- Collaborates with other leaders to develop overarching, longer-term strategic goals.
- Effectively delegates activities, encourages stretch goals and drives the recognition of performance across the organization.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas required
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing required
- 2 years of clinical experience
- Professional Nursing Certification