PRN Float Registered Nurse
Nights - PRN
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
The PRN Float Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery through collaboration with all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
Our Float Pool provides nurses for units that require additional resources in caring for patients. A staffing coordinator makes assignments based on each nurse’s skills and interests. The Float Pool offers an excellent opportunity to work in different nursing specialties and select the one that’s right for you.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/patient care priorities.
- Collaborates and coordinates care of the patient with the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
- Develops and updates the patient plan of care.
- Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and revises plan of care on an ongoing basis.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.).
- Implements, develops and updates the patient's plan of care while evaluating the effectiveness of the interventions and revisions.
- Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
- Involves patient/family in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
- Participates in unit and/or department quality improvement efforts.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of six months Registered Nurse experience