PRN Procedural Scheduling Nurse Coordinator
Perioperative and Procedural Scheduling
Days - PRN
Position Summary/Career Interest
- Are you passionate about providing education to patients?
- Do you have strong communication and listening skills?
- Are you able to follow a standard process and ensure documentation is accurate?
- Do you find yourself naturally solving problems and identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, this opportunity as a Procedural Scheduling Nurse Coordinator might be for you!
The Procedural Scheduling Nurse Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations and coordination of scheduling as well as pre-procedure calls and preparation functions for patients scheduled for outpatient procedures in the Endoscopy and Interventional Radiology Departments. This role serves as a liaison to internal and external customers as well as an advocate for patients. This role plays a crucial part to ensure patients are successful in completing any prep work prior to their procedure.
We are seeking an experienced nurse who can use their clinical knowledge to determine the best next steps once a referral is received. Referrals come from both internal and external sources and it is the responsibility of the Procedural Scheduling Nurse Coordinator to ensure we schedule and prep the patient for the right procedure. Consulting with physicians and other clinicians will be necessary to collaborate and come to the best decision for the patient.
This is a PRN opportunity and will require a flexible schedule. The PRN hours would occur between Monday through Friday, 8 am. to 5 p.m.
- Performs scheduling functions accurately, timely and in a professional manner for all assigned areas.
- Familiarizes self with IT system upgrades and enhancements related to scheduling modules.
- Maintains records in appropriate process design with regard to patient scheduling forms.
- Familiar with and understands current HIPPA regulations revolving around data inherent to procedural area scheduling office.
- Educates other areas as to process design and functionality of the Scheduling module when necessary.
- Utilizes Nursing knowledge and experience in decision making regarding the daily schedule.
- Implements block scheduling and other associated processes with regard to the schedule to optimize resources and patient outcomes.
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- KS RN License
- Knowledge of procedures, processes, supplies and equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Previous Endoscopy, Interventional Radiology and/or other related procedural experience is highly preferred