RN - Afterhours Centralized Call Center - Triage
Monday-Friday, 4:00p - midnight & 8:00p - 8:00a
Saturday-Sunday 8a-8p and 8p-8a
Sign-on Bonus $2,000
Benefit Eligible/Retirement Savings Plan/PTO/Cell phone & laptop provided/
Provides patient care using nursing skills and processes in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The RN is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to the Clinical Manager or Director of Clinical Services.
- Provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patients (neonates to geriatrics) as determined by the Plan of Care (POC). Uses education, mentoring, guidance and interventions to achieve goals of care.
- Collaborates across disciplines to coordinate patient care; participates in the POC in IDT/IDG meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating with attending provider for medications and supplies.
- Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding hospice philosophy and palliative treatments.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks per agency policy.
- Participates in related services, such as community education, team training, staff/board committees and orientation of employees.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Assigned to Triage:
- Meets all the essential duties assigned to RNs.
- Assesses symptom care needs by utilizing critical thinking and organizational processes. Educates patients and/or caregivers; deploys clinical staff to make patient visits.
- Uses professional and customer service-based demeanor while communicating by telephone, text or email.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of experience in hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
CPR certification (for Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates).
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
- Lifts/positions/ and/or transfers patients
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Considerable reaching/stooping/bending/kneeling/crouching
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Regularly exposed to risk of blood borne diseases
- Occasional exposure to radiation hazards
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements (sound, odor, sight, behavior)
- May perform emergency care
- Exposure to variety of electro-mechanical hazards
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Able to maintain job performance in emergency or crisis situation