To us, it’s about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.POSITION PURPOSE: This position assumes responsibility and accountability for providing nursing care for patients and their families. Assure compassionate, individualized nursing care for patients and families is expected. They collaborate with providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees the daily patient flow within the OR suite to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction
2. Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care and promote optimal wellness
3. Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado Statue
4. Demonstrates competent clinical assessment skills by functioning independently, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills with minimal supervision
5. Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines
6. Review patient paperwork for accuracy and verify procedure to be performed
7. Assist in the positioning and transport of the patient
8. Ability to assume new assignments as directed with competence and necessary skillset aligned with AORN standards
9. Complete patient charting to include pathology, implant logs, tissue tracking, etc.
10. Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families
11. Role models the principles of a Just Culture
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required