Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse)
CICU- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
Varies - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
We are currently hiring for a Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) on our Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
Cardiac Intensive Care
This unit is equipped with the latest technology for patients critical care for cardiovascular medical conditions. Patients are hospitalized for acute myocardial infarction, chronic heart failure, cardiogenic shock, congenital disorders, complex arrhythmia management and post cardiac arrest care. Nurses provide comprehensive cardiovascular care for patients requiring Advanced Heart Failure therapies such as ventricular assist devices and pre-transplant patients
The University of Kansas Health System is the region’s premier academic medical center recognized for quality by:
- U.S. News & World Report ranks The University of Kansas Hospital as the best in Kansas City and in Kansas.
- The hospital is the first in Kansas to earn Magnet designation for nursing excellence and one of few to earn it 3 consecutive times.
- Our health system ranks 5th among 99 academic medical centers, earning Vizient’s 2018 Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award
- The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- AHA BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas or compact state licensure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or higher for less than 2 years of RN experience
- Associate's Degree in Nursing accepted with 2 or more years of RN experience
- For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHA