*Nurse Manager - Great Bend Campus
Days - Full-Time
Great Bend Medical Pavilion
Position Summary/Career Interest
We currently have Nurse Manager opportunities in our Labor & Delivery and Medical Surgical departments at our Great Bend, KS Campus! Please see more information below regarding our two openings.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the unit activities. Collaborates with leadership, staff and other departments/services, and physicians to ensure quality care is provided to the patients/families served. Supervises the day to day operations of the unit. Is responsible on a continual basis for the quality of patient care, customer (external and internal) service, and cost-efficient operation of the unit. Supports the Hospital mission and strategic plan, budgeting and resource allocation, organizational policy and overall management plan of the Department of Nursing.
Labor & Delivery Med/Surg
This unit is designated as a Level II nursery and has 4-bed labor rooms with whirlpool tubs, and postpartum rooms with walk in showers. It is close to operating rooms if needed. Anesthesia is available 24 hours a day to provide services from labor epidurals to surgical anesthesia. Our Nursery provides care for both well babies and babies who may need some extra care. Our pediatricians and family practice doctors provide excellent care to the newborns with access to specialists at a larger NICU if needed.
This Medical Surgical Unit is designed to provide comprehensive care for acutely ill with a wide variety of medical issues or are recovering from surgery. These patients have medical conditions that require the highest level of critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and expert care by our nursing staff. Being apart of our team provides opportunities to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team including RNs, respiratory therapy, pharmacy and physical therapy. We care for a variety of patients including conditions such as: sepsis, pulmonary disease, diabetes, and surgical patients that require monitoring during their immediate post-operative phase.
- Coordinate & assist with daily operations of department.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff, modeling professionalism and acting as a role model at all times.
- Achieve business and organization goals, visions and objectives.
- Administer corrective action to employees not meeting requirements of their jobs.
- Analyzing, reporting, giving recommendations and developing strategies on how to improve quality and satisfaction.
- Develop and administer an annual budget; lead cost efficient and effective operations, analyze and develop plan of correction for any deviation.
- Identifying problems, providing solutions and courses of actions.
- Maintain a presence on the unit. Interact in a positive, professional manner with evidence of conflict resolution skills.
- Monitor patient care for quality through daily patient rounding and ongoing review of customer satisfaction scores and addressing patient concerns as they arise.
- Role Model professional nursing practice through collaboration with staff, leadership, patients, families and physicians. Serve as a mentor for staff developing into leadership roles.
- Supervise and manage the overall performance and technical competencies of staff in his/her department.
- Maintain required competencies for self and all employees within the department. Maintenance of certification records and licensure for staff supervised.
- Reviews, interviews and hires appropriate personnel for unit to maintain safe staffing levels of licensed and unlicensed staff. Primary involvement in employee selection, career development, succession planning and periodic training.
- Plans and maintains staffing pattern for the department, meeting the patient needs for continuity of care and level of care; ongoing review to determine if over or understaffed
- Develop / maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Review patient records to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of the care provided by staff.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for staff and implement plans of correction when needed.
- Serve as facility contact for coordination of nursing student clinicals for area colleges including Barton Community College, Fort Hays State University, Tabor College & Wichita State University in coordination with the clinical educator.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Active RN Licensure - State of Kansas
- 5 Years Nursing Experience
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification
- NRP Cerification - only required for Labor & Delivery Department
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or will obtain Bachelor's degree within 5 years of hire