We are looking for a Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator RN with the Trauma Services Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital .
Location : Santa Rosa, California
Schedule : Part time - 40 Biweekly hours
Shift : 8 Hour - Days
Job Summary :
Under the direction of the Trauma Medical Director (TMD), Director of Nursing (DON) Trauma Services, and the Trauma Program Manager (TPM), the Trauma Performance Improvement (PI) Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the care of the critically injured from time of injury through the continuum of care to ensure that care is safe, effective, patient centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. The Trauma PI Coordinator collaborates with the Trauma Medical Director, Director of Nursing Trauma Services, Trauma Program Manager, Pre-Hospital Liaison and Injury Prevention Coordinator, Trauma Registrars and other disciplines to review the performance and safety of the Trauma Program and coordinates activities to evaluate issues, promote loop closure, and enhance clinical outcomes.
The Trauma PI Coordinator will assist with planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the continuum of care and promote program performance improvement through data collection/abstraction, analysis, trending, benchmarking, and reporting of data. The PI Coordinator will monitor the Trauma Service Registry database to develop and plan practice changes in collaboration with the TMD and TPM.
The Trauma PI Coordinator will participate in the development and implementation of evidenced-based
clinical and organizational processes, guidelines and strategies to meet the needs of injured patients as required by Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, County, State, and the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
standards and requirements for a Level II trauma center
- Knowledge of correct English usage, spelling and vocabulary, and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of word processing, computer systems, and other modern office equipment.
- Proficiency with modern office techniques including letter and report writing.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate professional and effective communication techniques.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge and competency in using the following systems:
- Meditech; Microsoft Office application including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Visio;
- and creates reports for presentation to medical staff committees.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge and competency in the utilization of PI framework
- and tools such as rapid cycle improvement, PDCA, Lean, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure
- Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic work flow in trauma setting. Has an in depth understanding of
- population based care and evidence based practice standards.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex information and move between
- micro and macro levels of information.
- Prioritization and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to participate and support team activities.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in critical care and/or emergency nursing with increasing responsibility and interest in trauma care.
- Experience with EMR.
- Thorough and significant knowledge of the theories, practices, processes and the care along the trauma continuum.
- Completes a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of trauma-related education every year.
- Completion of Association for the advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM): Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) course within 12 months of employment.
- Completion of the American Trauma Society’s Trauma Registrar Course or equivalent within 12 months of employment.
- Completion of Trauma Outcomes Performance Improvement Course (TOPIC) within 12 months of employment.
- TNCC required within 18 months of hire.
- Current California RN Licensure
- Current BLS
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Baccalaureate Degree or Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Prior trauma experience at a Level I or II trauma center.
- Supervisory experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in quality management
- Experience in Trauma Performance Improvement preferred
- Experience with Trauma Registry platforms preferred.
- Experience with change and adult learning theories.
- TNCC instructor
- Valid, current driver’s license with personal means of transportation
The people of St. Joseph Health have worked for 53 years to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters and continued through the St. Joseph Health Ministry of extending the healing ministry of Jesus to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County entities aligned with St. Joseph Health include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center, as well as the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network. We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.St. Joseph Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training..Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Quality Nursing