Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) - Health Unit Coordinator (0.9 FTE, Day Shift) to work in the Float Pool Department at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for performing general secretarial and clerical duties in the patient care areas.
In this position you will:
- Greet visitors, providing information and assistance as needed. Work with patients, families, visitors and physicians to identify needs, resolve problems or provide other information. Facilitate patient movement to other departments. Answer call lights, alarms and phone calls, providing patient assistance as appropriate. Issues visitor passes/Identification per unit protocols. Arrange for interpreter services.
- Prepare a paper chart and prints stickers from electronic medical record for each new patient. Provide welcome brochures. Check printer for the admission medication list and gives to admitting RN. Send discharge medication orders to pharmacy as applicable by campus. Order prior medical records when necessary. Check unoccupied rooms to make sure they are ready for new admit. Collaborate with nurse and other team members to organize and prioritize functions necessary for patient admission and care delivery.
- Perform all ADT (admission, discharge and transfer) functions. Prepare charts for transfer and discharge. Ensure accommodation codes are correct. Manage bed board. Review orders for upcoming tests, procedures and communicates priority to nursing staff. Make minor changes as needed i.e. unit collect vs. lab collect to orders. Check pended and signed/held orders. Ensure downtime computer is on and checklists are complete. Run reports and audits as requested by unit manager or designee. Enter non-medication verbal orders during a “Code Blue” or other emergencies. Use computer, telephone or requisition to enter physician orders, diagnostic tests or other procedures. May act as a resource for the EMR for staff and physicians.
- Instruct families and visitors in hand hygiene protocols. Participate in the education of patient/families to unit practices/routines and orients patients to unit per protocols. Round the unit in accordance with department regulatory standards i.e. keeps hallways clear, equipment plugged in. Keep work area clean and clutter free. Post signs, i.e. hand hygiene, NPO, free water restriction etc., as appropriate. Reinforces with patients isolation protocols and communicates concerns to the nursing staff. Actively participates in unit, department, and system-wide educational activities including Quality Improvement programs as appropriate.
- Give report to relief staff, including items that require follow up. Update patient assignment board. Assign papers and locators to nursing staff. Enter patient assignments/acuities into acuity system, as directed by nursing staff. Maintain unit worksheets and records. Provide consent forms. Distribute mail. Send patient reports to HIM upon discharge. Inventories education brochures and office supplies, and orders as appropriate. Communicate with other hospital departments regarding concerns with faulty equipment, work orders or others issues. Responsible for restocking supplies after use, maintains appropriate core stocking levels. including MSC and Nutrition, works with manager or designee to improve unti and individual routines to assure adequate room supply without excess or depletion. Performs other duties as assigned, to insure effectiveness of care delivery and unit function.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current Washington State certification as a Nursing Assistant Certified.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Washington State Medical Assistant - Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire.Must obtain active license within 60 days of hire.Employee will not be authorized to practice independently until registration is obtained.
- Six (6) months of Acute care experience.
- One (1) year of Skilled nursing experience.
- Acute or skilled experience will be waived if the applicant has demonstrated experience involving customer service in healthcare or other related industry and completion of an acute care NAC course.
- Acute or skilled experience will be waived for students currently enrolled and in good standing at a traditional registered nursing program approved by the Nursing Quality Care Commission. At a minimum, satisfactory completion of one academic term (quarter or semester) that included clinical patient care experience is required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience using electronic medical record.
About the Issaquah Campus.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Work Locations: Issaquah Main Bldg (WA171) 751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah, 98029
Req ID: 266166