PRN Cardiac Cath Lab RN
Cardiac Cath Lab
Days - PRN
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Cardiac Cath Lab RN provides evidence based care in Cardiac Cath Labs; monitors electrical and
hemodynamic parameters; assesses patient during procedures and delivers therapy; provides moderate
sedation during procedure. Performs advanced diagnostic and invasive procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
Monitor, circulate, and assist Cardiologist as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administers intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Assists in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples and respiratory gases.
- Attends to patient needs during electrophysiology studies including monitor patient's
- vital signs.
- Circulates during procedure, as applicable.
- Develops and contributes to a plan of nursing for the patient's care.
- Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic data; operates hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital and line fluoroscopic equipment, if applicable.
- Participates in late staffing per established late staffing schedule.
- Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Participates in orienting new staff.
- Prepares patient and equipment for electrophysiology procedures; prepares site of entry, draping patient, arranging sterilized instruments and catheters, and callibrating and setting up pressure transducers and tubing, as applicable.
- Prepares the Electrophysiology Lab procedures rooms by ensuring that adequate stock is available.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilites, skills and duties and may
vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as
- RN in State of Kansas
- ACLS Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Registration as a Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT); Cardiovascular Invasist Specialist (RCIS); Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES); or CCRN
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Cath Lab (Cath Lab and/or EP Lab) experience
- Minimum of 2 yeras of ICU/ED experience