Swedish is looking for a Registered Nurse (0.9 FTE,Day Shift) to work in the Float Pool Department at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
In this position you will:
- Employs Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, identifies appropriate nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Advocates: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Aligns Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Engages in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Leads in the Practice Setting & Community: Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- 12 Months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire.
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services. On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Work Locations: Edmonds Main Bldg (WA151) 21601 76th Ave W Edmonds, 98026
Req ID: 266557