Employment Status: FT
SUMMARY: The registered nurse provides nursing care according to the physician’s orders and in conformance with the ANA Standards of Practice and Care, ANA Code of Ethics, unit specific standards, patient care policies and procedures, unit specific policies and procedures, and the Louisiana Nurse Practice Act. The RN is responsible and accountable for individual, autonomous nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks and nursing activities in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
The nurse may be placed in the charge nurse role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Registered Nurse will perform a comprehensive nursing assessment, develop and implement a patient treatment plan consistent with the objectives of the multi-disciplinary treatment plan
* The patient and family members will be included in the patient care planning and setting of discharge objective
*Implements nursing care through services such as case management, health instructions, health counseling, and providing care supportive to restorative of life and well being
* In executing the health care regimens as prescribed by licensed physicians, dentist, or other authorized prescriber, the RN performs a comprehensive nursing assessment of a individual patient consistent with established standards of care, identifies health care needs, establishes appropriate nursing diagnosis, establishes goal to meet the identified health care need, plans nursing care measures, documents appropriately, interprets data accurately in relation to patient care consideration, sets priorities, communicates with all members of the health care team, delegates nursing interventions to qualified personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing criteria
* The RN collaborates with physicians, dentists, and other health care providers in the management of the patient’s care and evaluates the human responses to all interventions
* Provides individualized health education to the patient and family members from admission through discharge using any appropriate methods/resources necessary to meet the education goals, prepares the patient for diagnostic or surgical procedures, implements holistic therapeutic measures to promote healing and wellness
* Communicates effectively with all age groups, which pertains to the patient population served
* Demonstrates competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, administers treatments as per standards, interprets normal parameters of diagnostic data, reports abnormalities of diagnostic data in a timely manner, administers blood and blood components as per standards, and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to the age-specific needs
* Documents accurately and completely in the EMR and other forms as per established standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintains current licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
• Current BLS Certification required within 30 days of hire.
• Advanced certification preferred if appropriate for area of clinical practice
• Department Specific Certifications:
o PEDS: PALS required within 6 months of hire.
• Must comply with all Standards of Behavior
• Adhere to all requirements, policies, procedures and mandatory training as identified by LGMC.
• Various types of medical instruments & equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinic and requirements
of the job change.