APHERESIS NURSE- Clinical Pharmacology
Clinical Pharmacology- Lipid Apheresis
Days - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Apheresis Nurse in our Clinical Pharmacology- Lipid Apheresis clinic provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Administers medications safely.
- Collects and analyzes comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or situation to determine the diagnosis or issues.
- Performs primary and secondary patient assessments and documents in the medical record accurately and timely.
- Documents changes and omissions of the identified plan.
- Communicates systematic report to other care providers.
- Coordinates care delivery; utilizes resources to promote the continuum of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IV Therapy guidelines including venous access, device selection, line care and maintenance, hydration, and blood product administration.
- Employs strategies to promote health in a safe environment.
- Evaluates and documents progress toward the attainment of outcomes.
- Identifies expected interventions and outcomes for an individualized plan of care and communicates effectively with patient, family and other team members.
- Implements the plan of care in a safe, timely and appropriate manner.
- Manages patient care based on knowledge of cancer, cancer treatment, and side effects of such treatment.
- Promotes efficient delivery of patient care throughout the healthcare system.
- Uses quality and evidence based practice to deliver and improve care.
- Works closely with more experienced clinicians for guidance and supervision.
- Specialized training and working knowledge of apheresis equipment including preparation of apheresis machine, fluids, and tools.
- Provides routine monitoring of patient and machine including: extracorporeal volume and fluid shifts during procedures; proper use of anticoagulants, venous access, and venous blood flow.
- Ensures all documentation is complete and correct.
- Adheres to standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Proper assessment and intervention regarding adverse reactions, transfusion reactions, and emergencies related to procedure.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- BLS Certification
- Minimum of two years RN experience
- IV Therapy skills