The Ambulatory Nurse Educator is a unit leader and clinical nurse who collaborates with the health care team to ensure safe, effective, evidence-based and quality patient care. The Nurse Educator is responsible for the design and implementation of education programs and professional development of ambulatory staff.; focused on clinical outcomes and practice development. The nurse educator will work closely with the department manager or designee on the educational needs assessment and orientation programs for staff. He/she ensures that competencies and skills are current and relevant for the clinic staff.
• Collaborates with the health care team to ensure safe, effective, evidence-based and quality patient care.
• Supports the provision of patient care by working with the Senior Administrator/Department Director and Clinic Managers to provide strategies for clinic coverage when needs arise.
• Actively mentors all in ongoing development of clinical competencies and professional behaviors and communication.
• Assesses clinic and individual learning needs, considering generational and cultural differences. Implements alternative and varied teaching strategies to meet learner needs.
• Assures that processes are in place for documentation of orientation and other educational activities, and that employee files meet hospital and regulatory requirements.
• Facilitates ongoing clinic education and professionalism through the provision of in-services and CEU opportunities, promoting national certification, and providing resources and support for the development of professional portfolios.
• Models evidence-based practice and participates in the development and review of policies and procedures.
• Organizes new employee orientation in department/clinic by scheduling preceptors and times, intermittent follow-up, and providing oversight of orientation and competency of clinic staff.
• Supports performance improvement initiatives and educates and facilitates performance improvement methodologies such as PDCA and small tests of change
Minimum of 2 years ambulatory clinic experience