The Registered Nurse (RN) provides skilled nursing care (night coverage; on-call) for hospice patients following physicians' orders and the established Plan of Care. This position participates in the supervision of Home Health Aides and LPN's, coordinates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team ensuring the enactment of the Plan of Treatment and reports to the Clinical Coordinator.
The Hospice RN provides skilled nursing care to patients in their homes, including IV therapy, wound care, etc.
This is a part time position.
- Currently licensed or eligible to be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse
- Requires a minimum of one (1) years recent med/surg experience
- Hospice or Pallitative Care experience preferred
- Must have valid driver's license and be able to independently drive to and from patient homes.
- BLS certification required
- Positive attitude, with enthusiasm for caring for our community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Solid critical thinking skills and a strong application of the nursing process
- Must have effective adherence to infection control practices
Some benefits of working at Augusta Health include:
- Insurance package including health, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings helping you to plan for your future
- Generous paid time off to promote work life balance
- Free onsite parking
- 24/7 armed security to ensure your safety
- Shift and weekend differentials
- Flexible scheduling
- Clinical ladder career path program
- Shared governance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite child care
- Augusta Health Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Individualized orientation with dedicated preceptor
- Onsite credit union
- Employee discounts including the cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and movie tickets